Monday, September 10, 2007

To my wonderful family out there,

Firstly, Happy Birthday Muthu! Hope you had great fun and wish you all the best!

It has been a week since I left Singapore..I arrived on 2nd Sept afternoon at San Francisco, California...Stayed in Sunnyvale till friday, 8th sept..Maple Tree Inn was the place we put up in. And Dharshi, I think i left my CHI hair treatment in that room! So sad....

California was nice, the weather, the atmosphere, the people and all. I miss the 24hr Safeway supermarket. Gigantic place with a dine-in area. There's where we hangout every night(rather midnite). Chocolate muffin, Haagen Daaz or Ben n Jerry's were a definite daily intake. We crapped and talked alot before returning back to our rooms. The last night we hang out there, we were taking crazy photos. Since it was like 2am, we went to the middle of the road and took a shot. I took a shot with firemen, and nearly called a policeman too..and my frens called me crazy girl! We also had the chance of helping a man push his car that couldnt start!

On the more serious note, I visited many corporations in the Silicon Valley. Google, IDEO, Sazzle, Rosum, Wallup and a few venture capitalists in that valley. We had lesson and talks at Stanford University for a day and that place is awesome. Simply beautiful. Stanford is the 2nd best uni in the USA for its undergraduate programs and 4th best for its post graduate programs.


On friday I arrived here at Seattle, Washington. Lessons officially starts on mon. We are lagging behind Singapore by 15 hours. On Friday I met Patrick, a PhD student from University of Washington, who is attached to my group for our Business Plan Competition. He brought us on a tour around UW.

We all went for mountain trekking at Mount Rainier last saturday. It was such a wonderful experience and we played with snow at the top of the mountains. Splendid scenic shots I have taken. Today is sunday and I went to Pike's Place Fish Market. It is a world famous fish market where they take pride in serving the customers with joy and laughter. They throw their catches around singing songs together and enjoy taking photos with customers. After which we walked to Chinatown in Seattle then the Space Needle tower that is the landmark of Seattle.

No comments: